Thursday, September 13, 2007

Blue Ribbon Me

Yesterday the kids and I went to the state fair. The kids so that they could hang with friends and ride the rides unti they puked. Me, that my frined Barb and I could check on the knitted items we entered - see if we won any ribbons. Barb won a 2nd for her shawl and a thrid for her socks. I won my first blue - for a sweater I knit for a friend at work. Very exciting! Sorry I don't have picture - but the vest is still on display at the fair. I will pick it up on Monday.

Then Barb and I spent several hours wandering through all of the buildings and displays. We recognized some names of students and friends who also entered and won ribbons. We checked out all of the animals - except for the cows. ANd had Philly Cheesesteak sandwiches from Moochies for dinner. Barb had to leave - so I wandered for a couple more hours solo - the kids didn't want to hang with me - before I forced them to meet me and head home. I enjoyed my afternoon at the fair!

1 comment:

Grandma and Grandpa Pier said...

Congratulations Cindy on winning a Blue Ribbon. It sounds like you had a great day at the fair. Post more pictures - or add them to e-mails.