Sunday, August 17, 2008

Disney Heaven

When Mike first asked me if I wanted to go with him to Paris in the spring, I answered, "Sure, as long as we can go to EuroDisney." And he faithfully kept his promise. Today was my day at Disneyland Paris. It was a bit tricky getting our tickets, but the station agent at our favorite booth at San Michel was very helpful. The train ride was uneventful, and we really didn't notice more and more people getting on as we neared the Park. But when we got off the train, there was a nice, but not overwhelming crowd along with us.
I have to say, Euro Disney is prettier than Disneyland or Disney World. It has a more delicate, fairytale like air to it than the others I have been to. Very pretty. We did not get a park hopper pass. WIth one day, we only concentrated on the main park.
I got my wish and the first ride we went on was The Haunted Mansion. It never had a huge crowd, but the second time we went on there was a bit of a line. This is a pavillion in the entrance to the ride. It seems like here they were able to really create full blown stories to go along with certain key rides in the park.
We also went on Pirates. How could I not! It has a huge pirate ship parked in front of it and a skull rock and the whole ride is inside an old rocky fortress.
Mike needed a ride after all of that.


Space Mountain was fantastic. It was alot of fun getting shot out of the beginning of the ride and then descending into the traditional darkness. The ride seemed much faster than the other two I have been on - and I confirmed that on my trip to California ith Krista in July.
These are the adorable Australian Catholic school girls that we befriended during our wait for the ride. They were calling out for someone who spoke English who could tell them about the ride. So, we managed to keep them talking long enough to get them on the ride. They were, of course, terrified and screaming the entire time. But when they exited, they wanted to go back on right away.
Alice in Wonderland doesn't have a ride; instead she has a labyrinth - which makes sense, too.
Sleeping Beauty's castle is much prettier than the original. What's really is cool is that when you climb the stairs, you actually get to go out on the battlements and view the crowd below.


The Indiana Jones ride (Temple de Peril) is an outdoor roller coaster. Big Thunder Mountain was busier; I'm not really sure why.

And I haven't seen this at Disneyland - This is the only Disney character that i had my picture taken with!

AHHH! Disney. Maybe some day I will go to Japan and finally seee that last one.

No comments: