Sunday, July 1, 2007

DC tours and fun

SO, I know you are dying to hear more about our trip to Washington DC. I finally have my laptop connecting to the home network, so I can work on this and still admire Mike and Tyler's Jedi skills as they play the PS2. Family connectivity.

The first place we went to Thursday morning was the White House. They were very strict, so we didn't take a camera with us. So, no pictures. After seeing it, I don't understand the problem, because it was spectacularly gaudy and boring. The only mild entertainment was that we got to see the backs of all o f the people waiting to say bye-bye to Georgie as he embarked on a helicopter ride. And a slight glimpse as he waved to his fans and left. Afterwards Mike and I were wondering why on thhe heck we cared. I mean really, this is George W. Oh well, its the idea of it that counts, I guess.

Later in the day, after luncheon, we headed over to the Capitol, for our tour there. Because of security, you tour must be led by a member of Congress' staff. I think idea is that you go thru your own congressman. But, for various reasons, we went with a gentleman from Washington state. We even sat in on some debate in the House. Rob Bishop was in sight, not Cannon or Matheson. The best part was the 'subway' ride on the mini trolley back to the reps' offices.


Lastly for the night, we went over to the convention center and picked up our registration materials. Next year it is in Anaheim, so they had propaganda available and this lovely photo op.

No comments: