Saturday, November 10, 2007

Pictures, pictures

Nope - no pictures here! I've just been playing with pictures all day. I received pictures from Bob and Betsy for the calendar - sorry mom and dad, I'm not sharing any of them with you yet. I also went to Kristy's blog and pulled out pictures of Olivia mostly and a few of Jim, Kristy and Kristy's sibs. Now if Tom and Carolyn and Laura (Mike's cousin) would respond, I could make everyone happy.

Not just pictures today. Krista and I raked leaves - this is the second year in a row the tree in front is losing its leaves before the first snow - could it be a sign of global warming? We threw the Heks (the new kitty) in a few times, but she refused to pose for us. THere are still plenty of leaves on the tree, so I will entice Tyler outside and get a picture of the kids another day.

We also spent the after noon clothes shopping. Krista and I did a major purge of her closets and drawers. After a huge cleanup fest. She seems to think she owns the entire upstairs. I never say a word about Tyler's room, because at least it isn't spread everywhere. Anyway, both kids got some warmer gear. Both of them have grown taller. A few more pair of socks, some new ski gear and we should be set.

Tonight we watched the CAL game vs USC game. Thank goodness our friend Jeff didn't come over - I think he is louder and more intense about the whole thing than Mike is (imagine that, if you can). And Jeff is an USC grad, so the gloating would have been too much.

At school this week, I taught three days out of four - all day long. I went through an International Cinderella stories lesson with all of the geography classes as an introduction to their world studies. At least a few of them prfessed thanks and enjoyment, so it was tiring, but rewarding. My assistant has finally realized that ALL of our projects in the library are ongoing - so she has lost that feeling like she has to hurry and get something done - we jut keep ding what we have to, because more of the same is right around the corner. Not that we don't get things done, its just that there is always more. Once we have these books repaired, cataloged, checked-in, shelved; there are more books to repair, catalog, checkin, shelve. And after this book fair is over, its time to plan the next one. Never ending! But a lot of fun.

Love!

1 comment:

Grandma and Grandpa Pier said...

Hi Cindy - great post.

Speaking of raking leaves. There must be quite a pile around our yard. Might there be a raking party before they get buried by snow and ruin the grass? You might remind Brian - he is pretty good about leaf raking.

I am trying to remember if you were like Krista or Tyler when it came to your room. I think you were like Tyler...I do not remember your stuff strewn outside your room. But your room....

Love you - we look forward to the calendar. The people here love them.

Dad