Monday, November 5, 2007

SPOOKY!


Say hello to my little jester and Krista's newest Dark Fairy outfit. I surprised that T wanted a costume this year - and even more surprised that he chose this. But he was invited to a costume party, told us at the last minute and this is what he got.

Krista didn't want me to make a costume this year, so she recycled parts of various costumes from down the years. She went out with the children that she babysits frequently. I then paid her for her candy and took it to school to use for reading rewards. That way I know she isn't eating it.

A week ago Krista and I gave talks in church. We had to report on Stake Conference, so I actually paid attention for once. I just wrote down everything that inspired me and also the random stram of conscious stuff that came with it. I ended up quoting a commercial about mental illness, a song from "Reel Big Fish" and a bunch of scriptures. And I started off telling them that I wasn't quite sure how the whole thing was going to end, but that by the time I got there I would be inspired on howto tie it all together. And it worked (THANK YOU, HF)! I am trying not to be prideful, but I got lots of compliments and even some this Sunday. I'm glad I don;t have to give talks frequently, however, because I don't think Im that good at receiving inspiration.

This week I started teaching the Pimary the 13th article of faith. I printed up huge copies of the words and we are working on it in 3rds, taking words away as we learn them. So, we have two more weeks of this at least. I love directing the chidren singing. It s achallenge to keep it fresh every week, but they are so much fun. I go into the mursery as often as I can, too, even though it is not required, because they are just fun. And I hope the children aren't so afraid when they start big Primary because they know someone there.

Mike's birthday has come and gone. We bought him a gift certificate to the Larry Miller SPorts Park. He will take a lesson and ten gets to drive around the racetrack ten times. After that he goes for laps with a professional driver. The next session sin't unti March, so I just have to hope he doens't hurt himself again this ski season.

2 comments:

Kristy said...

Your great yard is a perfect backdrop for fall pictures. Love the costumes!

Grandma and Grandpa Pier said...

Hi Krista - nice costume. Who is that skinny kid next to you. It must be Flash Gordon! (That should make some of you scratch your heads)