Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Fine summer dining

A few weeks ago we were looking for some way to amuse ourselves on a Wednesday. Mike found word of an authentic old time dining car that had been brought to Utah from back East. Oakley, Utah is where it is - I just enoyed the ride and know that we were somewhere behind Park City.
There was a bit of a wait in the drizzle, but it was well worth it. Tyler wasn't with us - I can't even remember where he was that day! But lots of people kept pulling up, so word is definitely out. I wouldn't want to live near there, but I would be willing to make the drive again.
This was a charming boat that we saw outside the diner. You have to get really close to read the writing on it!

2 comments:

Kristy said...

That canoe is hilarious!

Bill said...

At least it is pointing the right way on the car!

Great looking diner - not sure I would go that far for lunch. Especially since we would have to pass Grandma's on the way.